https://www.makermadecnc.com has parts and kits available for making one. 500 USD or you can DIY one over time for 300 CAD excluding router.
- Order 6 pin JST-XH connectors off ebay . https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10Sets-JST-XH2-54-XH-2-54mm-Wire-Cable-Connector-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-Pin-Pitch/283502101966 $4 CAD.
- Rainbow wire for extending JST connectors to Arduino.
- Requires Arduino Mega 2650 and a HBridge motor driver/shield.
- connect optical encoders to PWM pins and motor enable to analog. If the $50 dollar official board is not used.
- 2 motors with encoders – $50 ea – $100 USD total
- Arduino Mega 2650- $20 CAD
- H-Bridge arduino shield – $10 CAD
- chains $10 ea x 2
- lumber 4 2×4. ? x $7ea
- router – 200 CAD
- extra motor for z axis. 5 – 10 dollars depending on size. 28byj motors are 5 dollars with their own driver.
Clone these repos.