https://github.com/netpipe/MaslowCNC-ALT another project ive been working on not ready yet though
https://www.makermadecnc.com has parts and kits available for making one. 500 USD or you can DIY one over time for 300 CAD excluding router.
- Order 6 pin JST-XH connectors off ebay . https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10Sets-JST-XH2-54-XH-2-54mm-Wire-Cable-Connector-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-Pin-Pitch/283502101966 $4 CAD.
- Rainbow wire for extending JST connectors to Arduino.
- Requires Arduino Mega 2650 and a HBridge motor driver/shield.
- connect optical encoders to PWM pins and motor enable to analog. If the $50 dollar official board is not used.
- 2 motors with encoders – $50 ea – $100 USD total
- Arduino Mega 2650- $20 CAD
- H-Bridge arduino shield – $10 CAD
- chains $10 ea x 2
- lumber 4 2×4. ? x $7ea
- router – 200 CAD
- extra motor for z axis. 5 – 10 dollars depending on size. 28byj motors are 5 dollars with their own driver.
Clone these repos.
also makerverse software for the new m2 boards are available
basically just screw it together after setting the legs adjust the rear top screw to make both triangles match
i bought 2 10′ 2×4 and used scrap for the rest choosing the straightest for the top rail.
i used halfway so 6″from the bottom on rear
a cutoff saw helps shorten the pieces to the same length. i used a skill saw for the rest and 2 saw horses 2×4 dont even need a full square line to make great cuts.
3″ screws were used on mine and nothing poked out
my end result