if your looking to put more than one house/trailer on a peice of property without subdividing in canada you need to have a farm and call it a farm hand building. they do this to keep the housing market outragous and hard to afford for non tax payers. some county’s only allow 1 subdivision per section of land iirc unless its designated as trailer lot. rv trailer lots can probably reside permanent structures on skids and charge it out like a 2 or 3 room hotel
Gametowns can be setup quickly when needed, houses are constructed from cardboard and corrugated plastic, or OSB.
- Building with AirCrete – moarter / mesh finish / forms / casting. shampoo is suposed to be a good 2 hour foaming agent.
- Making you own dehydrated lime, flyash and finding good dirt.
- CEB (compressed earth brick)
- YouTube is rich full of information on bricks and ceb machines.
- Some ways to strengthen the mixture include straw, hair, chemical binders.
Have seen a camper strapped to a Pirus for makeshift motorhome too, ford escape hybrid are pretty roomy too 16.5 feet long enough to sleep 2 just make sure its been cleaned good/vented extra good the battery’s can make a smell and get on things. far as i know chassis are fully customizable aslong as safty system was not compromised would be much like having a sleeper in big truck so an external strapon storage unit would not need registration try to use chain instead of strap or put some rags between strap to prevent rubbing/ripping.
rennovating mobile home information
- Older Trailers these days 76′ trailer can be purchased for under 20,000 dollars for a peaked roof, 10k for septic system, 10k to subdivide land and get an entrance made to your lot, 8k for power pole and hookup.
- New windows double pain are essential in canada otherwise you’ll be heating way more than you need. pretty easy to frame in any size window with 2×4’s and drywall overtop of it.
- Replacing soft spots in the floor cut old floor out and put in 2×4 braces all the way around and put new peice of floor onto it.
- Moving the used trailer will typically cost 3-5k if its within hour drive.
- Things to check are black mold around window areas, soft spots around toilette, intact bellybag, and hitch to move it with usually tucked under the front.
- Some companies have assembly line where they make 6 mobile homes each day.
- Another good option is just a small 16 x 16 foot shack for 10k dollars in materials. the hardest part is flipping the floor over we were able to do it with a tractor but the back wheels were coming off the ground a bit.
I’ve herd good things about the sunmar toilette if you don’t want to get a septic tank and just run grey water out the back. also have herd of people making septic systems from things like 45 gal drums tied together. you can pour your own and get it inspected or sometimes buying used one + bung can be a cheeper option
https://www.sciencealert.com/toilets-powered-only-by-worms-are-being-set-up-all-over-india be sure to keep soap out of them and the ph right / put up organics only sign to reduce insect cruelty.
- non moving air is the best insulation you can get for building materials.
- hemp plastic with air cavities like coffee crisp could replace polystyrene in some applications.
- aerogel still expensive but is space quality stuff.
- dollarstore plastic window sheets and large foam craft sheets make really great insulation. also towels or foam pipe covers work well for hot water line insulation. standing on the foam sheets are very nice and they last a long time without wear providing lots of comfort and warmth.
tin roof is probably best and sounds good in the rain, I’ve seen people just screw right into the old shingles to seal the holes, lapping can be used aswell if you want to put a gap between the shingles and roof for better moisture dissipation. use solar reflective white paint to increase the albedo has aluminum particles to increase reflectivity like metal flake.
- Rocket stoves
- Solar hotair / hotwater
new concept using straw bales, 40’x14’x7′ uses 160 bales for the walls and 21 1’x14′ logs cut in half for the floor with dirt/rocks under and ontop of them 1/2 foot each could probably design whole house for under 400 dollars with a rocket stove and underfloor heating. and with poly plastic being 20+ feet wide and easy to hotwire together to form larger sheets it should be a breeze. if you build it near a valley you could probably fling poop using a nema 34 stepper motor and a peice of 4″ pipe capped halfway down. inspired by wigwams
Pictures found on google of pallet projects
campers addon/integration can be a great way to have extra room + facility’s needed. be sure to make everything airtight. fireproof cotten or straw + adobe walls might have enough insulation. if you put these on skids as living dwellings it would be in the mobile home tax / insurance range.
a mansion made of cardboard or corrigated plastic + cardboard might be attainable too for low cost. then waterproof inside and out see if marine boat stain or shellac can penetrate the cardboard enough to make nice waterproof panels.
- paving roads with alternative ash-fault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wHn8L37olc
- putting flyash / lime and ground clay on gravel roads might possibly work like chinese pavement after being packed in properly. but also prove an environmental hazard with things soaking into them or the flyash being too radioactive.