- Canadian laws now permit growing 4 plants per household.
- itd be nice to setup a growing network of people that can share cannabis with eachother. review system / chat / social media.
- 4 ruderallis plants it may be easy to get away with 150 watts but 400 would be ideal for the flowering stage.
- https://offgridsite.com/hemp-is-legal-industrial-hemp-the-off-grid-cash-crop-is-now-legal-in-usa great start for 2019 . very nice read has some pictures about hemp uses.
From seed to harvest
- Germinate seeds, I have seen this done in tampons paper towel and TP on a plate covered with ceran wrap or just straight water(not most recommended) but may work better for hard to germinate seeds. I like to get them at about 1 inch long using paper towel method
- cuttings are usually done by placing cuttings in a cup of water dipped with rooting hormone (liquid or powder). (i have seen willow bark boiled used suposedly good for headaches too) i did not have alot of luck with it though. you can usually spot the white bumps forming.
Planting / Transplanting
- Start with smaller 2 1/2″ cube trays of dirt or red solo cups(i’ve grown complete ruderallis plants using red cups with holes in the bottoms before) once they are rootbound transplanting is really hard, the roots on the outside turn yellow so be sure to break up the roots or make cut into the root system a bit when transplanting.
- good dirt miracle grow stuff with vermiculite bit of peatmoss or those coconut starter disks. mix some up it should have good drainage / water retention.
- poke a hole with device or finger drop in germinated seed and push around the sides to snug it up burry the head about 1/4 inch from the top. they chase gravity and heat so dont worry too much about orientation when dropping them in. add water before putting in seeds to make sure they stay where you put them.
cloth sacks work really well if your to be growing larger plants. they can be 3-4 feet around if you need a plant that can make a few LB worth of herb. when transplanting burry the first set of leafs maybe the second set too if you like. and the stock will turn into more roots.
Grow lights and mylar . you wont need too much for the first bit of growth. HPS can boost the plant a bit off the start but you’d be better off to go with compact flourescent or LED(cf is more efficient) for the initial veging stage untill the plant is large enough to catch alot of the rays of the HPS(hps are most efficient at growing for flowering and later veg stages). The difference was shorter plant with thicker stems. you can use a cardboard box with mylar hotglued to inside to start the plants. I’ve even used that method with 150 watt HPS bulb and proper ventelation(fans in the top and side) also you will want a good fan blowing on the seedlings to make them stronger also good idea to bend shake them a bit. some also pinch the stocks to make them thicker. some say you can get 1 gram of ganga per watt of lighting roughly.
pruning is also easy if you trim a shoot top then 2 branches will grow out where the last internode was. good if you want to make bushy plants and tie back the branches.
Ruderallis automatically flower at 7th internode usually. you can basically leave the light on 24 hours a day but its harder on the plants and harder on the bill so 8-16 hours is probably what youd want. best outdoor experiance for lazy gardeners, usually ready in 3 months after planting.
Sativa and Indica variety like to have regular lighting, so you veg them at 18-6 6-8 weeks then switch to 12/12 hopefully if you did not mess with the lighting too much they will start flowering. they can hermie or never reach flowering stage if the lighting is messed with too much depending on genetics(this is non issue with ruderallis).
Its good to watch for yellowing on the upper leafs and tips that usually means the plant is low on nutrients. its normal for the bottom most leafs to do that because they are not needed or are not getting enough light. basically if you can keep the plant looking good it has enough nutrients, its not a good idea to overdo fertilizer and the more organic the better usually. (fish poop , bone-meal, molasses) 30/30/30 miracle grow crystals work good too for outdoor plants a couple times during the grow.
When finished growing just dry the herb in a nice cardboard box or paper bag I like to leave the buds on the branches so they are not touching eachother as much. pick the buds off/ trim the sugar leaf off if you like and place them into a glass jar. (if there is much moisture it’ll probably go mouldy so make sure its dry enough for it)
After a successful grow you’ll have a good idea of how the process works.
Something to watch for with regular or 3d printed aquaponics system is contamination a bit of anything bacteria or even mr clean and its wrecked. you’ll notice the green hydro taste to it almost like smoking moss or green algae taste its the way greenhouses smell sometimes with that green crusty mossy looking stuff around really zink or iron smelling.