- when using hotglue , torch lighters and gluestick work well for quick fixes if careful when breathing and in a ventilated area there is a higher risk of burns on fingers aswell.
- works well for applying to the underside of PCB’s for a makeshift case.
- works well to secure things like mini / micro USB ports.
- works well to place USB hubs around the computer desk.
- Butane soldering iron works great for ventilated area’s because they get too hot and vaporize the solder / chemicals / paste aswell.
- solder fumes use a large fan to move air the carbon pad filters seem to make a stink of their own but are for cleaning soldering fumes too.
- desoldering braid seems to not work the best.
- Wash PCB’s with hot water after soldering parts , wipe with paper towel and let dry.
ts100 programmable soldering iron with opensource firmware and motion sensor. should make for a great time. https://github.com/Ralim/ts100
more here soon also i have not tried qelectrotech much yet
eaglecad seems to be popular.
svn checkout svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/qet/qet/trunk qelectrotech_trunk